About the Project
One of the main problems associated with cattle rearing is the high production of tailings, mainly manure. The correct final disposal of these animal wastes is a challenge that covers the technical, sanitary and economic aspects. This project has as general objective the study and design for implantation of a low cost biodigestor using bovine manure for the production of biogas with the replacement of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). However, the theoretical basis of the project, the selection of rural property, the sizing of the biodigester, the implementation, and the monitoring of the operation of the biodigester in the selected rural unit are foreseen for execution of the project. As well as evaluating the behavior of anaerobic digestion and biogas production. The expectation is that the present project contributes to the use of low cost technologies by the target public in the generation of energy from renewable sources, in order to reduce expenses and especially the environmental impacts caused by the activity.
• Studying the basic theoretical foundations on biomass, bioenergy and biogas from cow manure.
• Identifying a rural producer in Araranguá for the implementation of the biodigester.
• Planning, building, installation and monitoring of a low cost digester for biogas production and implementation of a hot water heating system for cleaning the milking machines.
• Documentation of the project implementation process to provide best practices of the TwB project management in the context of the Brazilian work and study environment to facilitate the settlement of the RG and to support further expansion in Brazil.
• Reporting the experience to the TwB Board in Germany and discuss future common projects, strategies and approaches.